Wednesday, November 06, 2013

The Sound Of Silence

I've been suffering from laryngitis for 6 days & counting. 6 DAYS of not being able to talk, boys & girls. I tried whispering for the first 2 days, but then I found out that whispering actually does damage & prolongs the laryngitis. So now I'm forced to write notes, text, or use my Speak It app to convey info.


Now, anyone who has ever met me knows how this is affecting me. Let me tell ya, for those who don't know, that I am at my wit's end. Wit's. End. 

I have a lot of opinions. A lot. & those need to be shared. Always. This is killing me! By the time I get my thoughts typed out, everyone else is onto the next topic. When do I get to give my input? When do I get to talk?!?

But, on the plus side, I've had a lot of time by myself to do some quiet contemplation. Even more time than usual to spend inside my head, thinking about stuff 'n' things. 

Today was all about me. I slept in, cuddled with the cat, spent some time on the interweb, had naps, watched TV on my phone (on my PHONE - I lurve the 21st century) & just generally enjoyed myself.

Sometimes, spending all your time in your head can be dangerous. 
Sometimes, thoughts come that won't go away once thought.
Sometimes, this Super-Genius needs a distraction.

Thank jeebus for wine.

1 comment:

Sarah Rosario said...

Hi nice readiing your post