Sunday, April 14, 2013

Top 6 Movies I Can't Resist

We all have those films, those time suckers, that cannot be resisted. When you see the title on the TV guide, you know you are going to watch, HAVE to watch cuz it just is too good to pass up.

Here's my list:

6. Ever After: A Cinderella Story
Watching Drew Barrymore attempt a "European" accent is worth every second of this fresh look at an old tale.
5. The Blind Side
I knew my anti-depressants had finally kicked in the first time I was able to watch this inspiring story without crying. What gets me every time? The slideshow of the real family during the end credits.
4. The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia
Dennis Quaid & Kristy McNichol singing? Mark Hamill as a small town sheriff? I have watched this movie more times than I can count - seriously! I was up to 47 when I stopped keeping track. Fun fact: when this movie played in Dodge, the power went out.
3. Pretty in Pink
Should Andie have picked Duckie? Or Blane? Or gone on to New York & become a fashion designer? Who cares?? James Spader is delicious in his role of the spoiled, bored, elitist Steff.
2. Sixteen Candles
Oh, Molly Ringwald! You owned the 80s. There are so many good moments in this movie, so many quotable characters. Love them all, but Long Duck Dong steals my heart & laughter every time.
1. Heathers
Bad boys, bad girls, Wynona Ryder (one of my favs) Christian Slater as a psychopathic teen. This movie is the ultimate in satire.

What are your guilty pleasures??

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I have no guilty pleasures, I only have pleasure pleasures.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on #1, 2, 3, & 6. I haven't seen the other two.

My replacements for 4 and 5 would be Desperately Seeking Susan and the Breakfast Club. Oh, and Night of the Comet, the first movie that introduced me to the world of zombies.