Monday, June 20, 2011

Today

11 years ago, I met a lady.  She & I had an instant connection ~ she told me she could not get over how much I resembled her niece: in looks, in voice, & in laughter.  Even our names were similar ~ 1 letter apart.  We bonded.  I called her Auntie.  She introduced me to her husband & he was immediately my Uncle.  She was only 10 years older than me, but that didn't matter, Aunt & Niece we were & remained until her death from cancer in March.

I only saw her twice a year when we attended festivus but it didn't matter.  We were family.  Family of the heart, not of the blood.  I miss her.




Today by Cynthia LaRose

Today is the only day that matters.
For yesterday has past.
And no one, can promise you a tomorrow.
So live this day, charishing each second,
Each minute,
Each memory.
Then, if we are blessed
With a tomorrow,
We will leave behind a happier yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hugs my friend!!

velvis