Friday, October 23, 2009

It's A Major Award. I Won It!

Hello, Fellow Babies! Christine from Raised Queer has gifted me with this Honest Scrap Award & I, in my infinite wisdom & super-geniusness, have graciously & humbly accepted it {even though I was TOTALLY OVERDUE for some recognition & positively deserved it, I was still humble}.

Isn't it pretty?



Yeah, so here's the rules ~ you knew there'd be rules, right?:

  1. You must brag about the award.
  2. You must include the name of the blogger who gave you the award and link back to that blogger.
  3. You must choose a minimum of seven blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
  4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with this award.
  5. List at least ten honest things about yourself.
    .........then pass it on with the instructions!

Ok, that's already a lot of work. It may take me a few days to do all this... after all, I am busy working & stuff now.

10 Things You Never Knew You Didn't Know About Me:


  1. I often claim, with a laugh, that outrageous things are true. They are, in fact, true but so unbelievable that everyone thinks I'm joking.

  2. I nevah, evah lie to other drama people about their performances. If I think their production was shite, I find some obscure part of it to focus on & make a comment that could be construed by them as complimentary, but it really isn't. I just can't tell people "Good job!" if it wasn't. I refuse to be held responsible for encouraging them to continue.

  3. I am, in fact, really really good at #2. It is an art form that I have mastered. People have complimented me about this, & by people I mean Shirley Rice, & by complimented I mean stood in awe of my wilyness.

  4. I am, despite all evidence to the contrary, a very shy person. Stop laughing! It's true. I was painfully shy as a child ~ socially stunted really ~ & only when I became involved in theatre was I able to overcome it. & only then through viewing life as a stage, & myself as merely a player {HA! see what I did there?}, & social situations as scenes. I don't take as long to warm up to people now.

  5. I have a very hard time sustaining friendships, especially with people who need constant contact. All of my close, close friends live far away from me. These are friends that I will have for life, because they do not require daily phone calls, & we can talk as often or as little as we like, & we still pick up right where we were before.

  6. I almost had to pee in the cemetery behind a headstone at my great-grandmother's funeral. Mayhaps, I'll leave that story for another time.

  7. My birthmarks are on my feet. People always ask me what's wrong & think I have a circulatory disease or something.

  8. Even though I try to see the funny in everything {hello ~ morphine OD} & I laugh a lot, I constantly fight self-doubt & depression.

  9. I have an English Degree {Yes, I am Wilma Flintstone, B.A.} yet all my jobs, paid & volunteer, have to do with money, accounting, numbers, & math.

  10. I prefer to drive a standard to an automatic. Something about the control, the roar of the motor just gets to me. I feel like I'm a part of the vehicle, like I'm really involved. Also, it helps me stay awake.

So, there you have it. That's a few things about moi for toi.

Bonus:

11. I am LAZAY! Really, really lazy. & as such, I am not going to bestow this award on anyone else. Well, it's cuz of the lazy & cuz I like a lot of blogs, & don't want to hurt feelings. How about you all consider yourselves Honest Scrap winners & do this meme if it strikes your fancy? Yeah. Let's do that.

No comments: