Friday, May 23, 2008

Help Yourself

Well. I did it. I finally did it.

I crossed something off my to-do list that has been hanging around my neck like an albatross for months. Okay, seriously, what does that even mean? Are albatrosses known for hanging around necks? Are they more likely than other birds to do some neck hanging? I don't get it.

I digress.

I'm not telling you what it is, cuz it's very, very important to me that this thing actually goes through & frankly, boys & girls, I don't want to jinx it.

Don't panic. You only have 2 1/2 weeks to wait. Then I will tell all.

3 comments:

french panic said...

The albatross/neck thing is from Coleridge's fantastic poem "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" - get thee to a library and read it! Or maybe it's online somewhere.

And I can't help you with the question about why your linkage won't work because I'm just not technologically savvy that way. good luck!

Wilma said...

Hey, Smarty McSmart! Look at you, all learned & stuff.

I didn't even have to go to a library. I shoved my English degree out of the way on my bookshelf & found the poem in not one but three different books from uni.

french panic said...

ha! I don't even know where MY English degree is. But I know where my old Romance Poetry text is. That I never look at.