Thursday, December 07, 2006

Lunch Break Musings

I'm a working stiff today. And tomorrow. And 9 other days this month. How fabulous! Cash just when I need it.

Two Christmas cards have come in the mail already. Man, these people are on the ball. I usually leave mine until the week before. Never are they done before the 15th. I always figure that if people get them after Christmas, it's a nice little something in the mail along with all the bills.

This season is hard on so many people, for so many different reasons. I think we make things harder for ourselves by setting impossible standards to live up to & impossible goals to reach. This year, I prefer to be a little more laid back. If I don't put up all my decorations ~ oh well. If my cards are late ~ oh well. If the house isn't spotless {let's face it, boys & girls, it won't be} oh well.

I'm trying hard to remember the four principles of this time of year ~ love, joy, peace & hope ~ & keep them in the forefront of my mind always. We lose sight of the important amid the cleaning, decorating, shopping, baking, frantic busy-work we create for ourselves, & that's what I'm trying to avoid. I admit, in the past I've been a frantic little bee as well, but NO MORE!

This is my vow ~ I will take time to breathe, to visit, to laugh, to hug, to enjoy friends & family, to reach out to others, & not get caught up in the hustle & bustle. Check back in a week to see how I'm doing with that!

No comments: